Monday, January 25, 2010

3rd Post for English: Comic Strips Animated part 2

Hi all, it's your favourite person, back to write yet another fantastic, Pulitzer-winning blog post!
This blog post is the much anticipated sequel to the previous post (though I never did mention anything about a sequel). Although the title is still "Comic Strips Animated", the number of references to comics for this post will be about zilch.
What the topic of this post is really about is more about the software for professional animation mentioned in passing in the last post, Adobe Flash cs4.
Yes, Flash has become a keen interest of mine since about a year ago. I picked it up in the then IT club in Victoria School (now known as Infocomm Club) during one of the training sessions. It has become one of my favourite pastimes, and I like nothing better than to spend my free time in front of the computer "flashing" (I am referring to using Flash and NOT anything otherwise), animating homicidal stick figures or creating little minigames.
Anyway, more about Flash. Adobe Flash, formerly known as Macromedia flash when it was still owned by Macromedia, is a multimedia platform formerly owned by Macromedia, now developed and distributed by Adobe. It is a popular program used to to add animations and interactivity to web pages or else make advertisements or even games. It uses a powerful scripting language called ActionScript. It publishes files in different formats, usually the SWF (or Shock Wave Flash movie) format and can be viewed on several systems and devices like Adobe Flash Player.
Now, less of the boring things and let's move on. Since having been introduced to Flash, I have created a number of little projects mostly for my own amusement, like:







Okay, I know that's a little stupid but that's an example of what I like to do with Flash. I'll try to upload some of the games I've made soon.
So, that's it for this particular hobby of mine and this post. See you next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment